What Happens at My Consultation
The LASIK Evaluation at Atwal Eye Care is designed not only to determine if you are a good candidate for LASIK but also to help you:
- Become more familiar with the LASIK surgery process
- Fully understand what type of technology we will be using
- Feel confident in your surgeon’s capabilities
- Answer all of your questions and concerns
- Learn how your vision can be improved
One of our skilled doctors will begin the Evaluation process with a thorough exam. After a review of your medical history, we will perform corneal topography testing and examine your corneal thickness. This exam requires your eyes to be fully dilated. While we are waiting for your eyes to dilate, we will have you watch a patient education video to learn the risks and benefits of LASIK.
At the end of the exam, we’ll be able to tell you if you are a good candidate for LASIK or if another type of technology is more suitable. Your next course of action will be up to you.
The cost for our LASIK Evaluation is $150. If you decide to have your LASIK procedure with us, the Evaluation fee will be applied to your LASIK fee.