What Happens During My Procedure
At Atwal Eye Care / Buffalo Eye Care Associates, we work hard to make your LASIK experience as easy and stress-free as possible.
- You will relax in a comfortable reclining chair and receive anesthetic drops to numb your eyes. A lid speculum is then placed in the eye to keep it open.
- The Femtosecond Laser Ring is placed on the eye.
- The Ziemer Femtosecond laser creates a thin “flap” with a “hinge.” The flap is lifted so the laser is allowed to reshape the inner corneal bed.
- The Allegretto Wave Eye-Q excimer laser, which has been programmed specifically for your unique vision correction, is aimed onto the “bed” of the cornea and the gentle laser beam, guided by a computer, is directed to reshape the cornea.
- The “flap” is placed back into its original position on the cornea and ensuring its proper positioning.
The entire procedure only takes several minutes per eye; however, plan to be at our office for 1.5 hours to complete paperwork and relax prior to and after the procedure.
Most patients only report a slight pressure during the procedure, but no pain. There may be slight discomfort for a day or two after the procedure, which can be controlled with prescription eye drops.
While many of our patients can see better immediately after LASIK, we recommend that you have someone drive you home so you can relax with your eyes closed and allow the healing process to begin. You should be able to drive yourself to your follow-up appointment the following day .
We are happy to answer all of your questions about LASIK. Contact us today to schedule your LASIK Consultation.
PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy) is a different form of laser vision correction that provides results similar to LASIK. This technique uses an excimer laser, but it does not include the creation of a corneal flap. Some patients who are not suited for LASIK can benefit from this procedure, but the healing process is longer than with LASIK. Call us at 892-2020 and schedule your LASIK Evaluation today to see if you’re a good candidate.