Affording Cataract Surgery
The cost of cataract surgery with monofocal intraocular lenses is typically partially covered by Medicare and other private insurance companies. However, patients who wish to upgrade their eyesight with Lifestyle Lenses such as multifocal, or Toric lenses will usually incur some out-of-pocket costs because these lenses are deemed medically unnecessary.
For some patients, the difference between “medically unnecessary” and a greatly improved quality of life is worth the extra expense. At Atwal Eye Care, we offer options and recommendations to make clear vision – possibly without glasses – a reality for your budget:
- Cataract surgery financing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax refunds
- Credit cards
Cataract Surgery Financing
You may be unaware that vision financing is available through our partners, follow the links below to apply. If you qualify, you can have your advanced cataract surgery procedure with no money down and pay for it over time.
- 0% interest financing for up to 24 months with minimum monthly payments
- Longer term financing options with low interest rates
- Low monthly payments
- No pre-payment penalties
Flexible Spending Accounts for Cataract Surgery
If you work for a company that offers a Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account, you may be able to set aside pre-tax earnings to save for cataract surgery and Lifestyle Lenses. These plans can lower your overall cost due to the tax savings.
Most plans have specific rules you must follow, so make sure you know:
- The deadline for enrolling in your plan
- The deadline for using your saved money (you don’t want to lose it!)
- If you are a good candidate for cataract surgery with Lifestyle Lenses (schedule a consultation with us to find out for sure)
- How much you will need to set aside in your plan to cover all or part of your costs
Tax Refunds for Cataract Surgery
A tax refund windfall can make a sizeable dent in the cost of your cataract procedure. If you want to improve your quality of life by reducing or eliminating your need for glasses after surgery, using your tax refund is a great way to get started.
Credit Cards for Cataract Surgery
At Atwal Eye Care we accept the following credit cards for cataract surgery and Lifestyle Lenses:
- American Express
We also accept cash, personal check and bitcoin.
Our staff will be happy to help you understand your options when it comes to affording cataract surgery. Schedule your consultation today.
Want to learn more?